No signal after jailbreak 4.3.3 using redsnow

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by levalencia, May 12, 2011.

1. levalencia macrumors newbie

I am not sure which version I had before doing this.

The jailbreak worked but after it, I cant call anyone, no signal I went to mobistar belgium and they gave me another sim card, told me to wait one hour and it should work, it didnt.

I see many tutorials, like this one:
    http://jaxov.com/2011/05/how-to-downgrade-ios-4-3-3-to-4-2-1-4-1-4-0-or-iphone-os-3-1-3-3-1-2/

but I dont know if I should use the original firmware or custom firmware like in this:

http://jaxov.com/2010/09/download-ios-4-1-final-version-iphone-4-3gs-3g-ipod-touch/

Not this second link says firmware is activated

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Make sure you activate the iphone before you run redsnow.
    So restore to the latest 4.3.3 and leave your sim inside the phone and plug it to itunes to activate officially.
    Then once its activated and you can go in the homescreen run redsnow to JB.
    If you hactivated it with redsnow you wont get signal if you're on official carrier.

3. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

I just run ITUNES Restore, and it worked, but how do I activate it with itunes??

4. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

5. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

Can I downgrade to make it work? I checked and my baseband 04.10.01, and I have read that downgrade baseband is not possible?

What about if downgrade firmware to 4.1
    http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?t=45717

I read here that the non activated is for official carriers, and the activated is for non official carriers, I suppose mobistar belgium is official carrier because they sold it to me on an official mobistar store, correct?

6. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Read my post again above, slowly.
    Leave your sim card inside the phone and plug it to itunes. That should activate the phone.
    Assuming you're using the iphone on official carrier and you're not trying to unlock it if its locked to a different carrier.
    Baseband cannot be downgraded. If you were trying to unlock it then that baseband is not unlockable.

8. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

I read ur post many times

I jailbreak after it with redsnow build 16 I think, using a stock IPSW for 4.1 and when I went to check the iphone its still in 4.3.3

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Are you trying to use it on official carrier or software unlocked on unofficial carrier?
    Is the phone factory unlocked or locked to a specific wireless provider?
    And why are you trying to JB a phone that's on 4.3.3 and pointing redsnow to the 4.1 IPSW?
    I dont get it what you're trying to accomplish.

10. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

I was trying to use 4.1 to downgrade, because my iphone is useless, I just need it to make it work again.

when I jailbreak it the first time using stock 4.3.3 I had no signal anymore.

I read somewhere its because it updated the baseband to 04.10.01 which is unlockable, thats why I was trying to downgrade, but it seems I am not doing correctly

Right now I dont care which version I have to install or jailbreak, I just need my phone back to work

thank you very much for your help

11. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

and according to what i read mobistar is an official carrier in belgium

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The baseband cannot be downgraded.
    I still dont get what your'e trying to do.
    Is the phone LOCKED to a specific carrier and you're trying to use it on another?
    Answer that simple question so I can try to help you.
    When you restore the iphone with itunes and put your sim inside does it say invalid sim or does it activate and lets you into the homescreen?

13. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

First Answer.
    No, its the same carrier. I just want to be able to make calls, right now it has only one bar signal.

Second Answer, Yes I can go to homescreen, tap the PIN code and I see all initial icons as if it were new, plus the cydia icon also

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Ok, so its not locked.
    Did you try restoring with itunes to the latest 4.3.3?
    Just go on official firmware, plug it to itunes and hit restore and leave your sim inside the phone so it activates with itunes.
    Get it on stock firmware first and then we worry about Jailbreaking it after that.

15. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

it says the iphone could not be restored error 3194

16. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

17. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

I did what I told on the last link and then I restored using itunes and it worked, now I have firmware 4.3.3 stock installed.

but when restarted now its in recovery mode, should I use recboot to exit recovery mode or not??

18. levalencia thread starter macrumors newbie

weird, I reconnected the cable and now its on normal mode!!! and now I have signal again!!! wopaaaa1 you are th ebest

19. Ninos4Mac macrumors newbie

Hey i ve just jailbreak-ed my (factory unlocked) iphone to 4.3.3 with baseband 0.4.10.01 and i do not get signal can you help me please because i can not figure it out. Thanks