No sim card error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhodalinsky, Feb 24, 2009.

1. rhodalinsky macrumors member

I have a 1st generation iphone. I have updated software and every once in a while a no sim card error pops up and I have to restart my phone. Anyone else??????:mad:

2. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

I assume this is not unlocked and still on AT&T? If so, maybe the SIM card is loose/not functioning properly? If you have the issue on a regular basis, you might be able to stop in an AT&T store to request a new SIM card.

3. rhodalinsky thread starter macrumors member

ya, not hacked.

I just popped my sim card out to make sure it was in tight and noticed it had a 3G symbol on it. Is that weird?

4. Sebby macrumors 6502a

Nope, not weird. It's a 3G SIM, but that doesn't mean it has to be used in a 3G handset.

5. Gea macrumors newbie

yes that happen to me the first week of owning my 3g. Take the sim card out and clean it really good. use a clean cotton t-shirt and your hot breath. clean the copper contacts really good and that should fix it. it may have someones finger print on it or it may just be dirty. after I clean mine I never had that error messsage again.

6. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

or you could simply walk into any AT&T store and have them replace your SIM card. Its free and they wont charge.