Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
So I updated to 1.1.3 and have no received a ton of problems.

First, I was getting a weak signal when before, I had a strong one. Now the iPhone is telling me that there is no SIM card installed. Which blows my mind because the user doesn't install a SIM card, but whatever. How would you go about fixing this? Do I have to send it to Apple?

I had tried restore and resetting everything. Nothing helps.

AllieNeko

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
No silly, the SIM card is your authentication smartcard. Just take it out and put it back in. There is a tray on the top of the phone. Eject the tray, reseat the card, and put it back in.

Waiting4MacBook

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
I have been having this same problem and removing and reseating the SIM card has not helped. It seems even worse after upgrading to 1.1.3. I also have far less or no service in areas I previously did. It appears to be fixed by turning the phone off and back on again, but I fear that may work against me for trying to get it fixed. I'm going to try to go the Apple Store today.

Waiting4MacBook

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2006
So I went to the Apple Store and asked about this. They cleaned out my SIM tray with compressed air and it appears to have fixed the problem. I was told that the tray itself is a contact for the SIM card so it won't function properly if its dirty. I was also told that if it didnt fix the problem, that they would replace the phone. Hope that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.