No SIM card installed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by danton, Jul 31, 2010.

1. danton macrumors newbie

OK so on the fourth of july i dropped my iphone from less than a foot with a case and then recieved the no sim card installed error. It would then not work at all, later that night it would work for 30 min give or take and then it would go back to not reading the sim card. Interesting. the next morning i went and got a new sim card and still received the error. I then went to the apple store and they refused to work on it since i had a tiny little crack on my screen which screwed my warranty. I then called an iphone repair store and they believed it was the sim card reader. Today i received the part and attempted the repair. Once i got the phone open i noticed he sim card reader was not damaged or destroyed. See pic. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

2. danton thread starter macrumors newbie

3. BrokeMyi macrumors newbie

its hard to tell from the picture, but it looks like you are missing a small gold, half ring that goes in the sim card reader, and when the sim card is all the way in, it makes a connection telling the iphone a sim has been instaleld.

try searching ebay and you might find the part :)

4. danton thread starter macrumors newbie

Would the part be just a whole new sim card reader? Would that work?