No SIM Card message after JB 4.3.1 - IP4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ktemple, Apr 5, 2011.

1. ktemple macrumors newbie

I have an IP4 with an authorized carrier. I had it jailbroken for IOS 4.0, worked perfect, and yesterday I decided to upgrade to 4.3.1 and jailbreak it.

I have a Mac and I used Pwnage. I'm not new to this, I've always jailbroken my Iphone by myself before.

The problem is that as of the end of jailbroken it, everyonce in a while I get the pop up "No SIM card" and my phone simply don't make calls. I've done all the jailbreak process 3 times, and keep showing this message. I've tried to take out the sim, insert it again and still keep showing this message after a while. I've tried to turno off and on, but sometimes works, sometimes when I turn on again I still get that message.

Anyone can help me?

tks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

This was happening to me when I upgraded my iPhone 4 from 4.0 to 4.2.1. I replaced my sim cards twice (thinking that was the problem). My iPhone would give me the no sim card issue when I was jailbroken and even if I wasn't. Eventually I had to replace my iPhone at the Apple Store.

Restore your iPhone to stock firmware and see if you get the sim card error.

3. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

This is a bug. All you have to do is either take your sim card out and reboot your phone. Sometime it takes a couple of reboots to get your carrier back.

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Make sure you do not select hactivation in the set up of pwnage. You might need to create a new IPSW and restore to fix this. You should also keep your carrier sim in the phone when restoring.

5. ktemple thread starter macrumors newbie

My guess is the same. This morning I've rebooted without the sim inserted, and since then its working fine.

Just take out and re-insert the sim doesnt work.

tks!

6. ktemple thread starter macrumors newbie

I've done all that, but even doing this, I had this problem. Hope that it has ended once I rebooted it whithout the sim inserted.

tks

7. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have this problem too. I'm on 4.0. However I put a layer of masking tape on the SIM and cut around it and placed it back in. Ever since I did that I rarely ever get the NO SIM error.

8. ktemple thread starter macrumors newbie

Didi it happen to you even without jailbreaking? Or only after you did?

9. swoosh0217 macrumors 6502a

swoosh0217

There's different tricks but most of the time, I don't have to take my sim card out, all I do is just hit the reboot from sb settings. Like I said, sometimes it takes a couplf of tries.

10. jdminpdx macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Couldn't tell you. I've always been in a jailbroken and unlocked state. I'm on T-Mobile.