No SIM detected on iphone 5 and iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by northcountryboy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. northcountryboy macrumors member

I have had an iphone 5 for a year. No problems with it. I updated to IOS7 and after about a week I got a warning message that said 'no sim detected'. The phone signal disappeared at this point and 'no sim' appeared where it would normally have the dots and 'LTE'. Turned phone off and on and signal came back.

I have had this happen 3 further times, twice yesterday. Each time it has corrected after a power cycle. Anyone else seeing this?

2. UMJD2002 macrumors member

I've been having the same problem in ios 7 on an iPhone 5s. I've checked the sim and it is seated correctly. Same as you a reboot seems to fix it temporarily until it happens again in a couple hours.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

No issue with my iPhone 5 and iOS7 update.

Have you tried the usual remedies of

settings > General > Reset > Reset all Settings or Reset Network Settings.

Or a full restore.

4. hafr macrumors 68030

I've had this happening since the 90's, and it has always been due to one of two things: dirt (or whatever it is, oxidation?) or loose SIM card. Take it out, wipe it clean, put it back in and it should be good.

5. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

Well I'm waiting for my 5s to be delivered so its not a big deal for me, more of a nuisance. If its dirt or something like that it seems strange that I had no problems for a year and then with iOS7 I'm suddenly having problems

6. hafr macrumors 68030

Correlation does not imply causation. Just remove it, wipe it clean, see if it works.

7. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

You are right. Correlation does not imply causation. However I have another saying for you - I don't believe in coincidences..........

8. JPark macrumors 6502a

I was taking a dump at the same time Tony Romo threw an interception. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Were you able to resolve this problem?

9. northcountryboy thread starter macrumors member

Yes, my 5s arrived and solved the problem!