NO SIM error

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maclover92, May 9, 2008.

1. maclover92 macrumors newbie

So in the past week, my iPhone has come up with the error
    "NO SIM Card Inserted" a few times
    And if I turn off the iPhone and then back on, it will sometimes show the error still, and sometimes be normal.
    I have a SIM Card that is activated, etc. and I have NEVER touched the SIM Card slot, or removed the sim card, or anything of that nature
    Has anyone ever experienced this problem, or have any advice on what to do

Thanks in advance
    :apple:

2. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

mine did this a lot, take out the sim card and reposition it.

that fixed it for me.
    but i eventually took it to the apple store and they gave me a new one, because of dropped signals.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Been there, dun that! My iPhone started doing that exact same "prompt" and that's because I removed the SIM card and put it back in right away, and it wasn't sitting properly in the bay. I was told to check the SIM card by removing it with a paperclip and my SIM card proceeded to "fly across the room, end over end!" After striking the wall, I popped it back in and everything has been fine. I don't recommend tossing your SIM card across the room! :eek::cool:

4. maclover92 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now, did apple give you a new SIM card or a new iPhone all together?
    And thats what gets me...i have never touched the SIM card
    I have never opened the slot or anything like that. Also, was it a dramatic loss of signal as in NO BARS what so ever. Because i am always asking fellow AT&T ers "Do you have service here"?, because I am always questioning why i have iffy service in some places, but i figured it was just the area.