NO SIM indicator on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dwcerra, Jun 26, 2010.

1. dwcerra macrumors newbie

This has happend twice....I get a NO SIM status on my phone. Has this been happening to anyone else? It seems to resolve when I power it down and then on again or when I remove & reinsert the micro-SIM. Just wondering if my SIM or phone is a lemon & not an apple. I haven't dropped it or jared it or smashed it, I've only had it since Wed. :confused::(

2. bigtallguy macrumors member

I got this error today too. After having my iPhone freezing/locking up occasionally, I couldn't take it anymore, so I took my brand new iPhone 4 that I got on Thursday back to my local Apple store that I got it at and they restored it to the original firmware and it still had the error, so the Apple Store employee confirmed that it was a hardware problem with my iPhone and they gave me a brand new one, and I haven't had any problems since (including freezing and the SIM error). I would suggest you do the same, you're in the warranty, so just get a new one from Apple.

Here's a link to another thread about this. Just for your reference.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10349651