Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samcs22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I have the iPhone 4. About 4 months ago the home button was sticking a lot so I went to the Apple store and it was swapped for a new iPhone 4. Around this time there an iOS update. I bought the phone home and updated to ios 5. Right after updating, the phone said no sim inserted and I can't do anything on the phone. I bring the phone to AT&T, they switch the sim card to new sim cards about 3 times and still nothing. They send me to Apple. Apple switches the actually phone and gives me another new one. I bring the phone home, try to update and again no sim installed. Back to apple I go and I make them update there. They go through about 3 phones and tell me I just can't update but when iOS 5 is updated the issue will be fixed. I wait a few weeks, iOS 5 is updated. I go back to apple, ask the genius behind the bar if I should update after explaining this and say its ok. Again, no sim installed. They try multiple phones again. Back home I go after they say wait for the next update. I'm reading other posts and they are saying this issue is fixed while others say no. The apple store is not close so before I update again can someone let me know if they can help???

zigzagg321

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
the wire
I have the iPhone 4. About 4 months ago the home button was sticking a lot so I went to the Apple store and it was swapped for a new iPhone 4. Around this time there an iOS update. I bought the phone home and updated to ios 5. Right after updating, the phone said no sim inserted and I can't do anything on the phone. I bring the phone to AT&T, they switch the sim card to new sim cards about 3 times and still nothing. They send me to Apple. Apple switches the actually phone and gives me another new one. I bring the phone home, try to update and again no sim installed. Back to apple I go and I make them update there. They go through about 3 phones and tell me I just can't update but when iOS 5 is updated the issue will be fixed. I wait a few weeks, iOS 5 is updated. I go back to apple, ask the genius behind the bar if I should update after explaining this and say its ok. Again, no sim installed. They try multiple phones again. Back home I go after they say wait for the next update. I'm reading other posts and they are saying this issue is fixed while others say no. The apple store is not close so before I update again can someone let me know if they can help???

I think at this point, ATT needs to kill your account and start a new one. I think its safe to say its not the phone at this point also.

Samcs22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 11, 2012
I agree definitely not the phone. As long as I don't update to ios 5 it works great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.