"No SIM" message - Iphone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jgl51, Aug 30, 2010.

1. jgl51 macrumors newbie

I just got my Iphone 4 and cut my SIM card using a template from the web into a micro SIM. I inserted the SIM and powered ON the phone. I got the message "Insert a SIM"!! I re-tried several time... nothing.
    Then I tried the SIM card in my old phone using an adapter and got the message Insert a SIM too! Really confused. Note that the adapter is a bit flimsy and am not sure I have good contact in the old phone.

I also tried reset (hold power button several seconds) without success!
    The SIM card is prepaid from DIGI Malaysia.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

You might have just borked the SIM and it no longer works. This happened to me the first time I tried cutting down a SIM card to micro SIM size (an old SIM I cut up first for practice before using an active SIM). You may need to just go get a replacement and try again.

3. jgl51 thread starter macrumors newbie

I am afraid of this. But how could I destroy the card if I follow the template (microsim.com)? I only cut into the plastic not the copper contacts...

Any idea so I do not destroy the next one?

What do hold from these "punchers" to punch the micro-SIM out of a nromal one?

4. chai2030 macrumors newbie

Hi, had u solve the problem? i get the same problem as well, the sim card not regonize in Iphone 4 but when i put on sim adapter it still can use on others phone, don't know what happen!!

pls help.. thanks!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe its not sitting perfect or your cutting was slightly off.