Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
I've gotten No Sim three times now (over the course of close to iPhone 3G launch) where I have to re-insert my SIM card or restart the phone and re-insert the SIM card. do you think my iPhone is defective or the sim just gets dislodged in there?

Anyone else have this issue?

danny_w

macrumors 601
Mar 8, 2005
Cumming, GA
I've gotten No Sim three times now (over the course of close to iPhone 3G launch) where I have to re-insert my SIM card or restart the phone and re-insert the SIM card. do you think my iPhone is defective or the sim just gets dislodged in there?

Anyone else have this issue?
I had the same thing with my 1st gen iPhone (I bought it on Friday, could not get it activated, and took it back on Monday). I took it back to the apple store and they said that it could be either the SIM or the phone, but they didn't have any SIMs, so how about a new phone in trade? I took it and everything worked great after that.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
not defective just loose ( ive had it twice over a month)

basically just take it out and reinsert it

not a big deal if you ask me ( compared to going through the trouble/time replacing phone... for one that could be worse)

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
this happened with my first 3g iphone. i took the sim out and popped it back in, and it seemed to work but only for a couple hours. i took it to the apple store the next day, and they switched it out. this is an issue you don't want to deal with every few days. just get a replacement phone.

Cancelled
Aug 25, 2008
this happened with my first 3g iphone. i took the sim out and popped it back in, and it seemed to work but only for a couple hours. i took it to the apple store the next day, and they switched it out. this is an issue you don't want to deal with every few days. just get a replacement phone.

yours seems like its a loose contact , obviously if it happens more than once a day I would be irked ( its primary function HAS to be that it works as a phone ;P )

mdhwoods

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
Happened on wifes right after updating to 2.0. At first i thought it was 2.0. removed simm, cleaned with eraser and has been fine since. It happened like 3-4 times prior to cleaning.

impact_blue

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2005
Happens to me once in a while. You just have to take it out, wipe the SIM card clean, and put it back in.

Gets annoying, especially when you need to use the phone and you dont have a paperclip handy.

shevi

macrumors newbie
Aug 4, 2008
Maryland
I had this one my phone before it was replaced. You can reset your network settings, and it should work without taking out the sim card. If not, it's still out of place, so just shake the phone a little until it slips back in place. Mine was a problem with the slot for the card being slightly big, which is why they replaced it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.