no sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pearlbrian, Jul 4, 2010.

1. pearlbrian macrumors member

So my iphone 4 seems to be having a problem with its sim card. It constantly hits me with the "no sim" message, and i have to reboot it for it to recognize it again. Never saw anything like this on my 3g. Think its defective?

2. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Others have mentioned this as well. Try taking out the SIM and reinserting it. Seems to have resolved the issue for some.

3. shadrap macrumors 6502

Resolved my issue also.

4. pearlbrian thread starter macrumors member

Not mine. Tried everything. Gonna take it in i guess. Not impressed so far.

5. nygfan80 macrumors regular

Same problem, went to the apple store, the genius also saw the issue and swiped it out for me.

6. hammster1 macrumors newbie

Yup, had the same problem with my iPhone 4, about 1 day after getting it.

Reset Sim card - didn't fix it
    Got new Sim card from AT&T store - didn't fix it
    Apple "Genius" reviewed problem, did restore, saw it was hardware problem, replaced phone

Now I'm waiting to see if replacement phone exhibits same problem. It's only been 1 day, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

"Genius" said he has seen a couple with the same hardware issue. Said it is due to sim contact problem within phone.

Still, not a good start for this new iPhone customer, who already waited a week for mine to come in via "priority list" - but, I'll cut them some slack due to the large quantity getting sent out (there will always be a few bad ones, and the new customers likely end up with the bad ones, right?)

7. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

Been there. Tried new SIM and new OS. Nothing helped. Bad phone hardware. Have them swap it for you. I've been good for several days.