No Single Sign-on For Mac OS X?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by OldMacPro, Mar 26, 2014.

1. OldMacPro macrumors newbie

So the other day I was forced to changed my Apple password because I didn't notice my caps lock was on while signing in, and for the past couple of days I've be dealing with authentications from different apps on all my machines.

After signing in iCloud with my new password from my Mac Pro, I thought that was it. No, iTune wanted me to verify again, so did iBook, iMessage and a few others that I don't remember. That was one device, I had to do the same with my MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPhone.

I can understand verifying once on the same device, but for all different apps within the same device? I honestly don't see the logic for this, Apple please implement a single sign-on policy, PLEASE!

Barnaby

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

http://www.apple.com/feedback/icloud.html

You might want to go to this official Apple feedback page and tell Apple your thoughts on this. The MacRumors forums is not affiliated with Apple, so they are not going to get your feedback from here.

3. OldMacPro thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: No Single Sign-on For Mac OS X?

Just did, but if I am the only person on this plant to whine about it, what's the chance of Apple chaining it?

4. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Yeah, it's a pain to update a new Apple ID password in all the various apps.