No Siri vibrate on iPhone 6S

VictoryHighway

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Hopedale, MA
has anyone noticed that on the iPhone 6S, that when you activate Siri by pressing the home button you don't get the two quick buzzes to indicate Siri is active? My iPhone 5 running on ios9 did so, but my new iPhone 6S doesn't do it.

Reactions: jocamero

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
Yea there have been a few threads about it. Seems to happen the same for everyone. We aren't sure if it is a bug or a feature.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Siri dosnt make a noise no more unless your on hands free or have headphones in. Vibrate is dependant on wether you have vibrate in the settings set to on.

djrelentt

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2011
New York City
has anyone noticed that on the iPhone 6S, that when you activate Siri by pressing the home button you don't get the two quick buzzes to indicate Siri is active? My iPhone 5 running on ios9 did so, but my new iPhone 6S doesn't do it.

I spoke with Apple 2 days ago and they told me that this is an issue that they are fixing in the next iOS update. I was actually the first one to bring it to their attention, and they confirmed it is in fact supposed to be vibrating instead of beeping.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
I sure hope they fix this with an update soon- my new 6s doesn't vibe or beep when I activate siri by holding the home button down- really frustrating...

Reactions: dave420

dave420

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2010
why is it frustrating? dont you know you just activated it? why do you need a vibration to tell you what you just did?
I find it inconsistent as sometimes my phone is hooked up to my Bluetooth system. In those cases it takes several seconds for the phone to be ready to listen (in that case it does beep as it always has). Then other times the phone is instantly ready to listen, which is a good thing. It's just the no indication can get confusing.
I'm also just used to the lag. I still use my 4S, and it also takes several seconds to be ready to listen sometimes. I'm sure by the time iOS starts to lag on the 6s the beep will need to be back.

jocamero

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Just spoke with Apple Care and the rep confirmed it's a software issue with the 6s and 6s Plus. (I also tested on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.1 and I do get a vibrate upon Siri activation.) I was told it will be addressed in the next iOS update.

I just checked the Release Notes of iOS 9.1 beta 2 in the Developer Portal and it doesn't mention this as an identified bug, or being fixed.

macduke

macrumors G4
Jun 27, 2007
Central U.S.
Yeah it's a little strange not knowing immediately when I can start talking. Often times I'll pull it out of my pocket and hold down the button without even looking at the phone while I'm walking. Perhaps it is fixed in the 9.0.2 version that was just released a few minutes ago?

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
this is frustrating that they are not addressing this- when I activate siri there is no beep or viberate so unless you are looking at the screen you don't know when to speak- I sure hope they get the message an address this- anyone want to suggest the best way for me to contact apple and help escalate the situation?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.