No Siri vibrate on iPhone 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VictoryHighway, Sep 28, 2015.

1. VictoryHighway macrumors member

VictoryHighway

has anyone noticed that on the iPhone 6S, that when you activate Siri by pressing the home button you don't get the two quick buzzes to indicate Siri is active? My iPhone 5 running on ios9 did so, but my new iPhone 6S doesn't do it.

2. dave420 macrumors 65816

Yea there have been a few threads about it. Seems to happen the same for everyone. We aren't sure if it is a bug or a feature.

3. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Dang. No beep and no vibration. They're really trying to sabotage Siri this time.

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

5. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Unsure if serious, but this is a bizarre feature.

6. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Siri dosnt make a noise no more unless your on hands free or have headphones in. Vibrate is dependant on wether you have vibrate in the settings set to on.

7. peteyyt macrumors member

You can ask siri about this, and she tells you why.

8. dave420 macrumors 65816

I thought you were serious for a minute, but Siri did not seem to have the answer to this one.

9. nouveau-apple macrumors 6502a

Just disable Siri for good. That was the final nail in the coffin.

10. djrelentt macrumors newbie

djrelentt

I spoke with Apple 2 days ago and they told me that this is an issue that they are fixing in the next iOS update. I was actually the first one to bring it to their attention, and they confirmed it is in fact supposed to be vibrating instead of beeping.

11. RickG macrumors regular

I sure hope they fix this with an update soon- my new 6s doesn't vibe or beep when I activate siri by holding the home button down- really frustrating...

12. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

why is it frustrating? dont you know you just activated it? why do you need a vibration to tell you what you just did?

13. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

While I agree with you, it would be nice to have haptic feedback, as there is with 3D Touch.

14. dave420 macrumors 65816

I find it inconsistent as sometimes my phone is hooked up to my Bluetooth system. In those cases it takes several seconds for the phone to be ready to listen (in that case it does beep as it always has). Then other times the phone is instantly ready to listen, which is a good thing. It's just the no indication can get confusing.
    I'm also just used to the lag. I still use my 4S, and it also takes several seconds to be ready to listen sometimes. I'm sure by the time iOS starts to lag on the 6s the beep will need to be back.

15. jocamero macrumors regular

Just spoke with Apple Care and the rep confirmed it's a software issue with the 6s and 6s Plus. (I also tested on my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.0.1 and I do get a vibrate upon Siri activation.) I was told it will be addressed in the next iOS update.

I just checked the Release Notes of iOS 9.1 beta 2 in the Developer Portal and it doesn't mention this as an identified bug, or being fixed.

16. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

Yeah it's a little strange not knowing immediately when I can start talking. Often times I'll pull it out of my pocket and hold down the button without even looking at the phone while I'm walking. Perhaps it is fixed in the 9.0.2 version that was just released a few minutes ago?

17. dave420 macrumors 65816

Nope.

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

19. RickG macrumors regular

this is frustrating that they are not addressing this- when I activate siri there is no beep or viberate so unless you are looking at the screen you don't know when to speak- I sure hope they get the message an address this- anyone want to suggest the best way for me to contact apple and help escalate the situation?

20. jocamero macrumors regular

21. peteyyt macrumors member