No sleep if timer set to longer than 3 minutes

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by pcmxa, Aug 27, 2011.

1. pcmxa macrumors regular

pcmxa

My Mac Pro will sleep if I set the timer to either 1 minute or 3 minutes but it won't automatically sleep if it is set for longer than that.

Nothing is showing up in the console other than successful time machine backup messages. Everything is turned off in the sharing. This is with no programs running. Any ideas?

2. Mightee macrumors member

My 2011 iMac (10.7.1) isn't sleeping on its own, either. Not sure what the issue is but it seems to be widespread. I'd report it to Apple.

3. pcmxa thread starter macrumors regular

pcmxa

I did. Unfortunately they couldn't figure it out. Oh well. It sleeps in single user mode, so I guess I will compare proceses and see if I can figure it out from there.

4. pcmxa thread starter macrumors regular

pcmxa

It looks like it is Better Touch Tool causing the sleep issue. It might be related to error messages I am getting about my Apple Bluetooth keyboard and trackpad. The work but on wake I get a series of messages about the trackpad and being unable to find info about it. Also my keyboard percentage is not being reported correctly and when booting there is a message that it can't be identified.

5. nuno.bett macrumors newbie

my MBA late 2010 also won't go to sleep mode automatically, even when set to 1 minute and in safe mode.

Forcing sleep or closing lid works, but not Lion can get there by itself :(

6. basher macrumors 6502

basher

Same here on my 2011 iMac. And I'm not running BTT. Luckily my MBP sleeps flawlessly. So I guess you could say I'm 1 for 2.

7. YMark macrumors 6502a

YMark

8. eyespii macrumors 6502

I've got the same issue. I'm pretty sure BTT was causing issues with sleep earlier, but even after removing it my macbook air doesn't go to sleep by itself.

Running the latest Lion OS on a 13" 2011 macbook air.