Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No sleep settings? Haswell 2013 iMac

insimbi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
My Energy Saver settings seems to be missing some things? This is the screen that comes up when I click Energy Saver in System Prefs. Where are the sleep settings?

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Miami, FL
My Energy Saver settings seems to be missing some things? This is the screen that comes up when I click Energy Saver in System Prefs. Where are the sleep settings?

I'm just guessing, like 2013 MBAs, they've removed seperate timers for disk sleep and display sleep from system preferences in the new Haswell iMacs.

Comment

insimbi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 27, 2008
I'm just guessing, like 2013 MBAs, they've removed seperate timers for disk sleep and display sleep from system preferences in the new Haswell iMacs.

Oh, I wasn't aware that's how the 2013 MBA's were. So if it says "Turn display off after" and it's set for 10 mins, it actually will be sleeping at the same time?

Comment

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Miami, FL
Oh, I wasn't aware that's how the 2013 MBA's were. So if it says "Turn display off after" and it's set for 10 mins, it actually will be sleeping at the same time?

I think if nothing's set a power assertion preventing disk sleep, then yes.

Comment

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
The Haswell chips have native support for low power idle

I think apple combined the display timeout with the haswell low power state management.

It is just so quick at waking up you dont think its actually been sleeping. It is also worth mentioning that while the display timeout allows the cpu to enter a low power state, if a task is running it wont cut it off. It will go into standby after a certain period of inactivity, that might be 3 hours like the laptops.

Comment

bluescale

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
It is also worth mentioning that while the display timeout allows the cpu to enter a low power state, if a task is running it wont cut it off. It will go into standby after a certain period of inactivity, that might be 3 hours like the laptops.

Is that the Power Nap functionality you're describing? Unless Apple just hasn't update the document for it, the Haswell iMacs don't support it:

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5394

Comment

stiffy

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2014
edit "/S/L/E/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/X86PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources/Your-Mac-Model.plist

find:
<key>UnifiedSleepSliderPref</key>
<true/>

replace:
<key>UnifiedSleepSliderPref</key>
<false/>

rebuild kext cache and reboot.

Comment

jmille44

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2005
How do you find out your what your Your-Mac-Model.plist is?
All I see in there is a bunch of numbers.plist in a list and can not
identify which would be fore the New Mac Pro?

Thanks

Comment

stiffy

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2014
How do you find out your what your Your-Mac-Model.plist is?
All I see in there is a bunch of numbers.plist in a list and can not
identify which would be fore the New Mac Pro?

Thanks

Mac-F60DEB81FF30ACF6.plist

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.