No Slo-mo support in iMovie?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Kurso, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Kurso macrumors 6502

My daughter was in a volleyball tournament last weekend which made for the perfect chance to try out slo-mo videos on my new iPhone 5s. I took 36 short clips of video and they were pretty cool.

Well I found myself on a plane and so I decided to edit each clip for length and refine the slo-mo sections. Then I imported each clip into an iMovie project on the iPhone (which was painful, why won't it allow for multiple clips to be selected at the same time?), only to find there is no slo-mo support in iMovie. All video clips played at full speed.

All that work on editing each video and it's all for not in the end. I buy Apple for the integrated experience and they completely failed in this case...

2. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

iMovie (as well as most of the other Apple apps) have oddly not yet been updated for iOS 7 or with optimizations for the iPhone 5s. I'm sure that slow mo support will be in the next version of iMovie which I'm assuming will land around the same time as iOS 7.1, Mavericks and the new iPads.

3. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Yeah, Apple will hopefully update most of their apps at the iPad event. They seem to be having trouble keeping up with everything lately.

4. Kurso thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep. If anything I'd like them to pause on the OS and catch up on apps now. iOS 7 is pretty and gets us closer you Android but I'm less interested in how the OS looks, or even how simple certain functions of the OS are (control center) thaan I am in the apps.

I want an integrated experience more than I want a fresh look.

5. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

You can do both of these right in the camera roll and re-save with the changes.

6. MisterPunchy macrumors regular

Yes, but can you export them to iMovie and use them as clips in a video project while preserving the slo-motion effect in those clips?

7. dhlizard, Oct 4, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2013

dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

In order to preserve the slo-mo, you need to transfer them via email or iMessage off the phone or to another iDevice.

Here is some info about importing into iMovie, then adjust playback speed to 25%
    http://lifehacker.com/transfer-iphone-5s-slow-motion-videos-to-your-computer-1440194391

I know I have browsed a couple write-ups on which "few" tools currently preserve the slo-mo frame rate - perhaps Google