iPad mini No Smart Case for iPad Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wksj, Sep 10, 2015.

1. wksj macrumors member

I'm in Canada so these prices are probably different than yours.

I'm very disappointed. For iPad Mini 3 I can buy a Smart Case for $89 + tax.
    If I want to get the same functionality (i.e. cover the back and the front) on iPad Mini 4, I have to buy a Silicone Case for $75 + tax and a Smart Cover for $49 + tax; $124 + tax in total. AND there is no black colour option any more.

I was going to pull the trigger on an iPad Mini 4 but after seeing this, I've decided not to buy it.

2. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

One can't use items purchased for the Mini 2 or 3, as the 4 is taller. Although I never cover the back with a case, I do have a smart cover for the front of my rMini 2. For the back, I use a skin that gives the iPad a great feel called:
    Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPad Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector - I've never applied the screensaver though, I just use the back.
    I haven't searched for one or ordered it yet, but will today as I ordered my Mini 4 yesterday. Super excited even with only an A8 chip. The mini has always taken a back seat in processors to its big brother. I can live with that.
    There will be plenty of aftermarket cases that would suit your needs.