iPad mini No Smart Case for iPad Mini 4

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wksj, Sep 10, 2015.

1. wksj macrumors member

Feb 20, 2015
    I'm in Canada so these prices are probably different than yours.

I'm very disappointed. For iPad Mini 3 I can buy a Smart Case for $89 + tax.
    If I want to get the same functionality (i.e. cover the back and the front) on iPad Mini 4, I have to buy a Silicone Case for $75 + tax and a Smart Cover for $49 + tax; $124 + tax in total. AND there is no black colour option any more.

I was going to pull the trigger on an iPad Mini 4 but after seeing this, I've decided not to buy it.
  2. ron7624 macrumors 68020

Oct 14, 2011
    Houston, Texas area
    One can't use items purchased for the Mini 2 or 3, as the 4 is taller. Although I never cover the back with a case, I do have a smart cover for the front of my rMini 2. For the back, I use a skin that gives the iPad a great feel called:
    Skinomi® TechSkin - Apple iPad Screen Protector + Full Body Skin Protector - I've never applied the screensaver though, I just use the back.
    I haven't searched for one or ordered it yet, but will today as I ordered my Mini 4 yesterday. Super excited even with only an A8 chip. The mini has always taken a back seat in processors to its big brother. I can live with that.
    There will be plenty of aftermarket cases that would suit your needs.