No SMS alert when in another app

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by gazhowell, Jul 12, 2013.

1. gazhowell macrumors newbie

Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.......

Does anyone else not get an alert for an SMS when they are using the phone and you're in another app (any app, it doesn't matter)?

If I'm doing anything at all, like browsing Safari, and a text comes in then I get no vibrate, no banner etc - I just notice the badge on the messages app when I go to the home screen. Alerts work fine when the phone is locked and not in use.

Just wondering whether it is a notification settings issue I've not set correctly, can't see what I've got wrong though.

Thanks.

2. nellyplatinum macrumors member

happens to me every once in awhile after beta 3

3. LunarFalcon macrumors member

4. binaryskies macrumors regular

binaryskies

Yeah, it's been happening to me since beta 3. Reset of Settings and Content didn't help. It drives me crazy and I keep going back to the settings thinking I missed something or turned something off by mistake. Hopefully beta 4 will address this. The alerts for messages over all have been hit or miss..mainly miss.

5. hamiltonDSi macrumors 68000

hamiltonDSi

6. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

It's been happening to me since beta 2 at least. I thought it got better in beta 3 but doesn't seem like it anymore, I'm still getting more texts than I have been in beta 2, but still miss some.

7. TitsLegendary macrumors 6502

It was happening to me as well on beta 3. I'm back on 6.1.3 until the next beta because of the phone issue but the text message notifications thing was definitely bothering me.