No SMS Popups?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Gizmotoy, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Gizmotoy macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Just within the last day or two I've stopped receiving popups for incoming SMS messages. No popup on either the lock or home screens. The only thing thy changed is that I updated libactivator recently, but I'm not sure the problem started at that time.

I'm using Lockinfo and Bitesms, but it appears my popups are not blocked by the Lockinfo setting.

Any idea what the problem could be? I've tried everything I can think of, and check the LI and Bite setting for anything that looked out of the ordinary.

Everything had been working fine for weeks before this happened...

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

This exact problem happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure what caused it, but I noticed that I was missing text messages because the BiteSMS quick reply wasn't popping up, and in some instances, I wasn't even getting the notification badge on the Bite app icon. LockInfo also wasn't showing any new text messages.

After pulling my hair out for a while, I found that some other people had the same problem and had updated to the newest BiteSMS beta and it fixed the problem, so that's what I did. And it worked. I haven't had the problem since.

What I did was uninstall BiteSMS through Cydia, then add this source in Cydia: http://www.bitesms.com/cydia/beta5.0. Then go get the newest beta (5.0 beta 9). That SHOULD fix the problem.

Hope this helps!

3. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Inside lock info try to switch ur "improved performance" setting to the alternate of what it currently is under the SMS plug in. See if that helps.

By any chance are u running "Shrink" as well?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

A little off topic but how is the 5.0 beta9?
    Still not stable enough to release to the public?

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Plenty stable enough for most users, I'd say. Fewer bugs reported in the last few days as far as I can tell from their release thread on their forum. Every glitch that's been posted this time around, I can't get to replicate on mine, and I've had no freezes, delays, or weird display issues for at least the last two versions--I had very very few before then, but could replicate some reported bugs. Now, nothing. It's been great, and the new features are terrific.

Still the best app I've ever bought, and one of the cleanest betas I've participated in on any platform.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Great to hear, thank you.
    I will probably install it right after the 4.1 JB is out and hopefully it plays well with the newer firmware version. It might need an update but hopefully it wont take too long:)

7. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

They did update the Beta for 4.1 support after the 3G 4.1 JB a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't seen any complaints on that score since then. Might need some tweaks for it on ip4, but they moved pretty quick on it the first time; I'd bet it won't be a long wait.

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Even better:)
    Thank you again for the info.

9. Gizmotoy thread starter macrumors 65816

Gizmotoy

My improved performance setting was Off so I switched it to On. Unfortunately that didn't work. I do not have Shrink installed.

I gave this a try, and it did work. I wonder why 4.99 would all of a sudden stop popping up notifications. Anyway, I had been thinking about upgrading to the Beta, so it wasn't a big deal.

If anyone else has the same problem, do what KentuckyHouse says. Thanks for the suggestion!

10. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

I am having this same problem after installing Shrink, although I'm not using biteSMS.

11. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Well, the problem is definitely between LockInfo and Shrink. Alerts work fine if one is installed without the other.

What conflict could those two apps possibly have? They're so different.

12. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

+1 ^^

Shrink and LI are not fully compatible

and i agree, what resource could they have in common that could possibly be conflicting.

i check daily on cydia in hopes that Shrink gets updated and i can reinstall it again.

although i wouldnt be surprised in the next Retail Lock Info update David will address it and fix it.

email david and let him know about the bug so he knows its not isolated.
    the support email is under the support section of this page... http://iphone.ashman.com/lockinfo/faq.html

ps. LI is going up to $8 next month! I will probably paypal him the difference since he does such a good job. that said, if you want to save $4 buy it now

13. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Oh, I definitely already bought. That app makes my iPhone just how I want it to be.

14. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

the 'ps' wasnt directed towards you it was just an fyi ;)

15. jpetticrew macrumors 6502a

jpetticrew

Gotcha.

I just heard back from him. Here's his response:

@jdpdj Yes, I know. I still need to follow up with the developer. The email is iphone-support@