Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindstrom

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Hello!

I just bought a wireless MM the other day and I noticed that it did not come with any CD for installing software. I tried to set it up anyway and everything seems to be working.

I called my local Apple Store today and asked whether there should be a CD or not. The sales person was not sure and asked me to drop by later.

Does anyone know if the wireless mighty mouse should come with a CD these days or not? Not that is is a big deal as I think mine is working correctly, but I am curious to know.

Cheers,
Erik

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
In Applications/Utilizes open the "BlueTooth" assistant. Just follow the steps to set up the mouse. If you did that, then you night need to see them I have the wireless keyboard and thats all I had to do it set it up.

dap1215

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2007
I just bought one about a week ago and all that was in the box was a mouse and a booklet, both in plastic.. I think all is goood!

lindstrom

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
Okay, I see.

So I should be good then. Thank you for your replies!

Cheers,
Erik

macleod199

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2007
Hrm... I wonder if they officially dropped support for older versions of OS X (e.g. 10.3.x)? I think the drivers are part of 10.4.x, but needed to be installed on 10.3.

cpittella

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2008
Mine did not have a CD also...

Hello there,

I have just bought a wireless mouse and did not find any CD...
Actually, I did not missed it also, since MacBook recognized th wireless mouse imediatley -- as a bluethooth tool, though, and not as a mouse. This means I CANNOT USE THE RIGHT BUTTON FUNCTION an cannot configure the mouse, since it does not exist in the System Preferences that I may open USING THE MOUSE! How do I get the installation program?

Cheers,
Carlos Pittella

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.