No songs or videos on iPod touch following sync

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by VictoryHighway, Oct 5, 2009.

1. VictoryHighway macrumors member

VictoryHighway

Greetings,
    I was attempting to sync my sister's iPod touch this morning and it appeared that all of the songs and videos in her iTunes library, but once the iPod was disconnected from the computer, the Music and Video apps show that there is no content. General settings confirms this, but it also indicates that all of the content is there because it shows only a small portion of the disk space is free. In other words, the files are there but are inaccessible.

My question is, is there any way of repairing the index or database that the iPod uses short of doing a sync?

Regards,
    Geoffrey

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Try syncing again. If that doesn't work, unsync (allowing iTunes to delete all media from ipod), then resync.

3. VictoryHighway thread starter macrumors member

VictoryHighway

I was afraid that might be the case. I guess I won't be able to do anything about until I get home from vacation.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I had this same problem the last few times I've synced my touch. Try turning the iPod off (hold down the sleep/wake button and then slide to power off) or resetting the device (hold sleep/wake and the Home button until the screen goes black). I've had to do this after every sync in order for my content to appear.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yeah. This seems to happen occasionary. I've learned to check that the music/videos are working properly on the ipod before leaving the house!

6. cottonjenn macrumors member

I had somewhat of a similar problem. I purchased 2 TV shows off the iPod and when I connect to my laptop I could have sworn that 2 two shows ended up on my laptop but not sure. A few days later I realized those two shows were not on my iPod. I connected the iPod to my computer again and then those two shows appeared on my iPod. It was strange, I wasn't even sure what had happened. I checked under Purchased items but they don't show there. So I'm not sure what's going to happen next time I do a purchase and then connect to my computer.