No Sound After Installing the Nvidea Drivers

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Kevin Rohrer, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Kevin Rohrer macrumors newbie

Kevin Rohrer

I have a new (2013) 27" i7 Imac and installed Win7 Pro using Bootcamp. The Windows sound was fine until I installed the Nvidea drivers for the 380M sound card. I also installed Nvidea Audio drivers, and now there is no sound.

I have tried everything, including uninstalling all the Nvidea software. A techie says Nvidea may have written something to the Windows BIOS, but I know of no way to check the BIOS or make changes.

Any suggestions?

2. Kevin Rohrer thread starter macrumors newbie

Kevin Rohrer

Well, I solved my own problem after reading this link:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1583/en_US/boot_camp_install-setup_10.7.pdf

The problem had been that when Bootcamp installed Windows, it didn't install its own files into Windows.

I had to deinstall all the Nvidea files, then run Setup on the Bootcamp USB thumb drive, which corrected any Windows deficiencies, but did not install the Bootcamp files or give me sound. I had to go into the Bootcamp dir and select Setup there, which installed the missing files and gave me my sound back, along with the needed Nvidea drivers.

Woohoo!:apple: