No sound after wake

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by stayley, Nov 24, 2013.

1. stayley macrumors member

Hello,

so my "IT JUST WORKS!" Macbook Air 2013 developed an extremely annoying condition where the sound won't work after waking the machine up (after 2seconds or 10h of sleep, doesn't matter). I've looked for a solution, did the PRAM reset, etc., nothing seems to solve the issue.

Any ideas?

I'll also take this opportunity to rant a little bit. As much as I am in love with the MBA for it's size, extreme battery life and overall feel, it is pretty crap actually. On multiple occasions the machine froze, I am afraid to reboot it, because it tends to hang on startup, sometimes it goes into completely erratic behaviour like booting up, showing me an incomplete GUI and that's it, Time Machine sometimes refuses to work, I could go on...

What pisses me off the most is that I don't know how to fix such stuff on a Mac. I refuse to go to the Apple Store, or even better send the machine back, every time such a thing happens because I need it on a daily basis now.

Before buying this computer I was convinced by Apple brainwashing that these computers "just work", especially compared to flimsy, flaky Windows laptops. Well, they don't, my gf's MBA is in the Apple Store for the 3rd time with some fault with the screen. Mine is just annoying and I have already wasted a lot of time on it's faulty behaviour.

Even worse, the Asus I had before has not given me ANY headaches for the last 4 years. Granted, it looked **** compared to the MBA, but I am starting to feel like an idiot who only bought a computer because it looks nice but can't reliably perform even the basic tasks. I have never reformatted the Asus as well (that I already had to do with the MBA... twice in three weeks).

THAT machine just worked.

The fabled Mac does not. I'm starting to have regrets for spending money on Apple.

2. krazykleo macrumors regular

Same issue. Been happening for a few days now. Restarting fixes it but I definitely don't want to restart every freakin' time...

3. stayley thread starter macrumors member

Exactly, I laughed when someone suggested this as a solution.