iPhone No sound bug, iOS 7.1.2

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by puertorioninja5, Jul 26, 2014.

1. puertorioninja5 macrumors newbie

I just got a hand-me-down iPhone 4, and there is one issue that is driving me absolutely nuts.

The sound is intermittent. I.e., go to Settings, then Sounds, then Ringtone, if you select a ringtone the tone plays fine. Then you go to Text Tone and select one - all I get is a vibration.

Also, when on Control Center, there is no volume slider as shown in this screenshot.

I'm completely baffled. After I unplug this phone from my car stereo the sound works... For about a minute before it goes out again. I'm obviously not always around my stereo. Please help? :(

Attached Files:

2. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

3. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same problem .. And it's happening to me since many months now..I cleaned restored it, set up as a new phone , restored it with someone else's backup.. But nothing.. Only ring tones play.. No text tone or any other tone, can't listen to music, no volume in games.. Very frustrated..
    And that's happening even before 7.1.2

4. spaceboypsy, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014

spaceboypsy macrumors newbie

Me too with the exact same symptoms.

Girlfriend got this phone from a friend who had never had this problem, and after a couple of days it suddenly starts doing this. Sound comes and goes. First reset fixed it. Then it seemed to break when moving Gmail app to the dock. But then it's come and gone several times since with no discernible pattern.

What is going on?

UPDATE:

Found this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1393905

And followed what this post said, and that seems to have fixed it! Hopefully it's not just another random switch...

5. Descarreaux macrumors newbie

Descarreaux