No Sound Coming from Speaker

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Photography, May 27, 2015.

1. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

I just got my Apple watch today and I'm loving it, except for the fact that no sound is coming from it. I've updated to the latest software update, ensured that do not disturb is turned off, ensured that mute is turned off, ensured that the volume is turned up in the Sounds section, but still no sound is coming from the watch. I tried playing music on my watch but it just played from my iPhone speakers instead. Also, Siri doesn't seem to be talking - is this normal?

Anyone else experience this? I'm trying to unpair and set it up as a new watch to see if that fixes it. Please provide any suggestions.

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I've got the same deal. I wasn't sure if that just the default or what. I've read there is a learning curve, so I figured I would find out over the next few days.

3. Photography thread starter macrumors 65816

Photography

Unpairing and repairing as a new watch fixed it - sound is working. Siri doesn't talk though - is this normal? Also, is it not able to play music from the watch itself (it only plays the music on my iPhone)?

4. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68000

LoveToMacRumors

those stuff are normal

5. melman101 macrumors 68030

Correct and correct. Siri does not talk. And you can't play music from the watch's speaker.