No sound during playback of DVD or quicktime

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Roadking, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Roadking macrumors 6502

I searched around on this forum along with apple's support website and I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem.

I have a Macbook Pro 2008 (last one before the upgrade).

If I play a DVD or quicktime video or even a movie on iTunes it won't play audio. I can adjust the volume of the laptop and I can hear the audible clicks for the volume change but just no sound from the video.

If I reload the video (meaning inserting the DVD or reloading the page to rewatch the video) the sound starts working.

Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Thanks!

2. Roadking thread starter macrumors 6502

3. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

go to system preferences and change the audio output between the options... to reset it... leave it on the Line Out if that is what you're using. you can also connect and disconnect headphones or speakers to the front headphone jack or the back one to "reset" the audio out channels on the mac pro. make sure the mac audio is not MUTED, and is turned up. best advice for now. further support call 1800myapple.

4. Roadking thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks I'll give it a try. I looked and don't have any other options than the internal speakers on output. I'll try and grab some headphones to see if that works.

Its not on mute as I can hear the volume change in increments just not the video playing sound.

Thanks!