No sound effects (incoming text, new mail, etc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pandora01, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Pandora01 macrumors regular

Am I the only one having this problem? None of my sound effects work. I have my settings turned on for incoming text sound, new mail, keyboard clicks, etc., but they don't work. Any suggestions?

2. twynne macrumors 6502a

I think someone else posted the same and a restart fixed it.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i was getting all sounds except for text. turn it off for a couple minutes and turn it back on and see if that works, good luck!

4. mrtune macrumors 6502a

A friend of mine had this problem. Turned out he accidentally hit the silence switch on the side to silent mode. Did you check that?

5. Pandora01 thread starter macrumors regular

Already tried that. No joy.

6. Blackforge macrumors 6502

This is a firmware bug. When I experimented with the 2.0 Beta 3, this was the major reason why I went back to 1.1.4. It is a bit better as it doesn't happen as often, but I would have figured it would have been fixed by now. In some cases you can mute it and then unmute it (or at least you could on the beta) to fix it. If that doesn't work, pretty much all you can do is restart the phone.

7. umop apisdn macrumors member

umop apisdn

if you push the volume up keys on the side of the phone does it think it has headphone plugged in when they aren't?

Happened to mine before when I pulled the headphones out, had to keep putting them in and pulling then out til it sorted itself out

8. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

happened to me on 1.1.4. Try a retore, that will fix it! :)

9. know-it-all5 macrumors 6502

its a glitch, restarting it will fix the problem. hopefully apple will fix this and the billion other bugs with 2.0. I love my iphone 3g, but its difficult to show it off to people, if it glitches all the time.

10. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I'm having the same problem and a restart did not help. I'm debating if I want to go to the trouble of doing a complete restore.

11. Pandora01 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I did a complete restore and it still doesn't work. The ringer works (it did before, too), but none of the other sounds work. :confused:

12. michael31986 macrumors 68030

i had this problem and still do, but only with text alerts. A restart fixes it, but not for too long.

i can't wait till this bug is fixed. i text a lot and need to hear it.