No Sound from Macbookpro 17 (intel)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by idsoftware, Jul 16, 2008.

1. idsoftware macrumors member

idsoftware

Hi all.

I would like to announce that my recently brand new. Macbookpro had an issue with the sound card. I hook up my system to a home theather stereo. And after 2 days of working fine, then when I pluged in the headphones, to the jack, I noticed that there is no sound, coming back. But when I unplug the headphones there is sound in the internal speakers of the notebook.

I have been searching for an answer these weeks, and found out that there is an issue with the red light coming out from the digital signal, But that has been disabled or turned off, but the sound on the headphone still persist.

Please if anyone has any solution for this please help me!

If I dont find any possible solution, I will take it to Third Party Support, because I didnt pay the additional money for the apple care support.

Im sorry, but next time I will buy it.

last but not least, do you guys know if the macbookpro 17 inch, intel has an integrated sound card ? or it can be replaced.

Thank you very much for reading.

:apple:

Cheers!
    Id Software.

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I believe it is integrated.

You said you recently purchased the notebook. It should have 1 year complimentary care on it. You do not need to purchase that.

3. InLikeALion macrumors 6502a

When did you buy your machine? You do know you have a 1 year warranty, right?

The sound card is integrated and non replaceable as far as I know.

Edit: Oops, peabody beat me to it.

But you also know you can still purchase Apple Care to extend the warranty if you are still within the first year of ownership, right?

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

well not user replaceable that is. The sound controller is located on the left i/o board. Logic board replacement is not necessary, assuming its the sound controller's problem.

5. idsoftware thread starter macrumors member

idsoftware

Yesterday I discovered, that the optical jack (red light) is working fine I hook up the macbookpro and the sound came out through the digital out. So I can tell that the problem is.

that no sound is coming, when I connect the headphones to the analog audio jack. or lets say this way in analog mode.

because the speakers, and digital out are working without any problems at all.

I purshaed the notebook at macmall dot com. (no ads) just for references, they suggested the apple care, but sorry I didnt listen to them, however I will buy that for extended warranty.

I appreciate youre help guys.

Id Software.