No sound from ringtones!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mikelong622, Feb 8, 2008.

1. mikelong622 macrumors 6502

I did it!!! I have a 1.1.3 OTB jailbreak unlocked iphone! One problem...my ringtones do not produce any sound. They are just the standard ones that come with the phone. Everything else makes sound. They keyboard sounds and the text message sounds. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. projectle macrumors 6502

You went strait from 1.1.1 to 1.1.3...

You need to follow the directions. They said that you NEED to go through 1.1.2 or anything that uses DRM will NOT play, and yes the official ringtones use DRM.

If you roll your own through garageband, they will play.

3. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

Does that mean any music I have will not play on this?

4. projectle macrumors 6502

Any music with DRM.

You know, the stuff that is purchased through the iTunes Store...
    Hence the whole "anything that uses DRM will NOT play".

5. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well the tutorial I followed was from iClarified. It said to use the Dev Team Soft upload to 1.1.3. That must have made my phone go straight to it and skip 1.1.2. Is there a way to fix this? Can I downgrade back to 1.1.1 and then start over? If so, how would I go about doing that?

6. mikelong622 thread starter macrumors 6502

So I am thinking that when I get home from work I will just connect my iPhone in recovery mode to iTunes again and put 1.1.1 on it, then use inDependence to activate it, then jailbreak, then use oktoprep to go up to 1.1.2 and then use the dev teams soft uprgrade to 1.1.3 then unlock it with geohot.

Is this what I need to do to get my DRM files back????