No sound from speaker just when playing video and music

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Zaci, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Zaci macrumors newbie

Ok, this is so weird...I have and iPhone 3G, 16GB.

I can hear anything when I'm on a call, have sound on headphones (you tube, IMS samples, songs), have ringtone on the speaker when incoming call, while over a call I can hear over the speaker, and can hear ringtone sample on the speaker when setting up the volume, but THERE IS NO SOUND over the speaker when playing music, watching a YouTube video and the locking and typing sounds.

I've tried the plug and unplug headphones hundreds of times, cleaning the headphone jack, resetting all settings, restore to 2.2.1 and it's not jailbroken.

I would appreciate any other suggestions; by now I don't really care about the iPhone, I just want to know how to fix it and what could have caused it.

Thanks.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

So you're asking what could have caused it, what did you do anyway before the problem even started? Installed something or dropped it or something else?

3. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

Previous experience has it that its water damaged.

4. Zaci thread starter macrumors newbie

So you're asking what could have caused it, what did you do anyway before the problem even started? Installed something or dropped it or something else?

Yes... I'd want to know how to fix it and what may of caused it. I remember listening to music through the speaker and composing email, locking the phone and puting it back in my pants pocket. Then an incoming call (ringtone sound), I didn't realize the speakers weren't working until night when I tried to listen to songs through the speaker.

So far I think it's not the speaker because I can hear ringtones unless the iPhone has a second speaker, which reading in other posts, it only has one.