no sound in itunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tom534, Jan 7, 2010.

1. tom534 macrumors newbie

I have a problem with my itunes, the file shows up when clicked on to play, but the sound does not come out of the speakers. The song is highlighted in the juke box, the play button show a darker grey, but the song does not play, nor does the time advance or the pause button does not appear. Tv shows, that I have downloaded for my daughter from the itunes store, play video fine, but again, no audio. I have the up to date quickplay, the audio level on itunes is on max, the stereo speakers play on the internet fine. The system is a g4, with the current itunes updates. any ideas? I am still able to load music into itunes, and transfer the music on to my ipod, my daughters ipod nano, and my wife's iphone.

2. amitsnv macrumors newbie

Try the following options:
    • Update your audio drivers
    • Remove third-party iTunes plug-ins
    • Enable Maximum Audio Hardware Acceleration (Windows XP only)
    • Conflict with Sound Enhancer
    if these does not help then try restoring the iphone with factory setting. Hope it might help you in getting the sound back.

3. tom534 thread starter macrumors newbie

Still no sound in itunes

Thanks for the information, however, my computer is a g4, OS 10, and nothing seems to fix, the problem. I remember, that the problem started with the new iTunes update. I have since removed the updated version, and reinstalled the previous version (9?), to no avail. I would prefer to not have to start from scratch. Any questions to the cause, or ideas on a solution, would make me happy to have my iTunes back when I work on the computer. Thanks