No Sound in my iBook (serious problem)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jduran, Nov 10, 2007.

1. Jduran macrumors newbie

So I downloaded Pacifist to install Quicktime 7.2 over 7.3 so I could listen to an important audio file I had recorded on Qualcomm Purevoice. After doing so, the sound, internet, and battery icons on the top righthand corner of my system tray are gone. Along with this, anything that plays sound will automatically crash.

When I click on my iTunes icon it wont start up, it will just crash. My Quicktime wont even start up. If I push the volume up or down buttons on my keyboard the whole screen will go blue

I've tried downloading and reinstalling both iTunes and Quicktime, and looked for new software updates but still no luck. This really really sucks as I cant do anything with audio, I cant see my internet/wifi icon, and my whole iBook is just running really slow. Please help! :(

2. Jduran thread starter macrumors newbie

No one knows what do do?

These are the programs that crash immediately at start up;

iChat
    iTunes
    Quicktime (wont load)
    System Preferences
    Parallels

Also, when I'm browsing a site with sound (such as youtube) my browser crashes. God this sucks. Can someone please please help me out?

Alright I'm going to the MacStore. Hopefully someone there can help me out.

3. nnkd macrumors newbie

I have the same problem but with a PowerBook G4.

4. admiraldennis macrumors regular

They'll probably just tell you to do an Archive&Reinstall of Mac OS X.

It's probably the most painless method of recovery at this point.

5. karnsculpture macrumors member

I am having a similar problem with my iBook G4 - this started after the latest Leopard update, and the problem only seems to manifest itself when my external drive (for Time Machine) is plugged in.

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

This was the solution for an iBook G4 exhibiting similar symptoms.

7. Sanmsal macrumors newbie

I found a more simple solutionand restored my sound. Press "C" while shutting down

I found simpler soultion. Press down "C" while shutting down.

8. copegreen macrumors newbie

:apple:This has happened to me before. What I did it fix this problem is, Go to system preferences, sound, and clicked the output tab. I look that it was on the wrong setting. I put it to, "Internal speakers". (Built-in Audio). And closed and my sound started to work again. I to have an iBook G4. :apple: