No sound in Vista?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Jokimo, May 21, 2010.

1. Jokimo macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I recently installed Windows Vista Home Basic through BootCamp on my MacBook Pro. Everything works fine, except for the one thing that there's no sound... At the moment if i start something with sound, you'll see "the green bar jump up and down" But no sound... Tried to search for an audio driver, and installed one, (not sure which one it has to be though) But it didn't help...

Have tried uninstalling the whole lot and reinstalling it again, same thing happened, when i put in the Max OS x for the driver installation i recall it saying removing Realtek Audio or something, so search for that, but didn't help :/

Any ideas to would i could try to do?

Thanks
    Jokimo

2. ^^ CoolMacLover macrumors regular

^^ CoolMacLover

I found that if you have the sound muted on the mac side before you switch sides, you wont be able to hear the sound on windows side. So check that other then that I dont know what it could be.

3. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

4. designs216 macrumors 65816

designs216

I solved the same issue by installing the RealTek audio drivers.

5. Jokimo thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the new MacBook Pro 15" with Intel Core i5, 2,4 GHz, 4GB memory, 500 GB hard disk. running 10.6.3,

The not muting unfortunately didn't work :(

6. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Try just reinstalling the drivers before reinstalling the entire OS.

I know the 13" MBPs had headphones issues under windows but a proper driver install fixed the issue very quickly and easily.

So try installing the proper drivers first...

7. Jokimo thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, tried reinstalling the drivers, didn't work. Then i tried removing the bootcamp completely and reinstalling Windows again. Didnt work either...

So instead i just decided to buy VMware Fusion... So far it works pretty good, hope it does games well too :)

Thanks anyway guys!