No sound in Windows 7 64 bit with 24" iMac (2008)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Ragunaru, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Ragunaru macrumors newbie

Hey, all.

I've been googling like crazy and just can't find any real answer. I have a 24" iMac and installed Windows 7 64 bit. I managed to install the Boot Camp drivers from my Leopard disc but I now have no sound - not that I had it before installing the drivers.

Figured it must be an issue with the old Boot Camp not entirely supporting Windows 7 and tried to install the newer drivers from my Snow Leopard disc (the one I got with my Macbook Pro - late 2009) but I can't run these.

First I try to run the setup file in the Boot Camp directory on the disc but it gives me an error which says: "Boot Camp x64 is unsupported on this computer model." So I try to run the BootCamp64 file in the Boot Camp/Drivers/Apple directory on the disc, but this gives me another error: "This installation requires elevated privileges. Launch this installer through setup.exe."

So what am I supposed to do? I've been messing around with it for 4 hours now and frankly, I'm starting to lose my patience. It's just so pissing me off.

**** Windows, that's what I say.

Nevertheless, I need to get it working really bad.

Any help would be so much appreciated.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

The drivers supplied with your MBP will only work with your MBP as it doesn't have the drivers your iMac needs. Try installing Boot Camp 3.1 drivers