No sound in windows AFTER bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Sabrina2000, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Sabrina2000 macrumors member

Finally managed to succesfully instal bootcamp on imac ( OSX snow leopard) , windows xp sp2, but no sound ! I have sound on the mac side...have checked speaker volumes/settings and all okk; also looked in device manager and no yellow excalamation marks.....any ideas? Don't know if this is relevant - had probems with IE6/couldn't upgrade and went for mozilla firefox in the end. Have installed adobe flash 10.

Thanks.

2. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

did you install the boot camp drivers ? they are on your OS X install DVD.

3. Sabrina2000 thread starter macrumors member

I know this sounds stupid, but I don't know....once windows was installed I did put in the mac cd and as far as I know it installed everything - how would I check that?

4. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

5. Sabrina2000 thread starter macrumors member

6. Jolly Giant macrumors 6502a

Jolly Giant

i was just pointing you in the right direction ;)

credit for the tip goes to rivale !

happy computing ...

7. Sabrina2000, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011

Sabrina2000 thread starter macrumors member

this is probably more an observation than anything else, but am I right in thinking ( or hearing) that the mac side sounds way better than the windows side? The same ( you tube ) videos played in windows don't sound half as good ....they have a rather "tinny" sound to them ! I did search the net to see what others thought, and opinions seem to differ quite a lot.....

JUST FOUND OUT WHY - my daughter has unplugged her headphones and I now have perfect sound!!