Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rickprice79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
US
Good morning all. I am having an issue where I am getting no sound in world of warcraft on my new M1 Mac Mini. Every other app and game has sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it twice yet still no sound. I checked the in game sound options and all was fine. I put a ticket in with support who offered nothing useful. Can anyone recommend anything to try?

rickprice79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
US
Well just tried downloading another blizzard game through the battlenet app and it has no sound either. Steam games have it and all other apps have it as well...

ltelmo

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2020
Hmm not sure I had no issues at all with Sound on Wow on my M1
Its at System Default, High 64 ch and Large cache
In sound setting on Mac make sure the output is on Headphone which is the speaker jack on back
But it works fine, Hmm

kdog12

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2021
Thats so weird because its happening with me too. The sound was working on BigSur 11.0.1, but as soon as I updated to 11.1 it stopped working. I even went as far as getting another M1 Mac and again it worked on 11.0.1, and then updated to 11.1 and it stopped working. -however its not exclusive to 11.1, I think its something to do with the Mac mini. I have WoW on external SSD so I ran it on a 2017 MacBook Pro 11.1 - sound works, ran its a M1 MacBook Air 11.1- sound works.
Let me know if you figure anything out. I'm thinking it has to do with something from the in game sound options as well. Here are screenshots I get from my M1 Mac mini (NoSound Driver) vs M1 MacBook Air

Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 5.43.24 PM.jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-01-12 at 5.28.33 PM.jpeg

kdog12

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2021
To make things a little weirder.. I got the sound to work by adding a docking station. Now I get these options. -as soon as I unplug my docking station- the sound goes for wow.
Screen Shot 2021-01-14 at 5.24.56 PM.png

rickprice79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2016
US
I tried everything and everyone and couldn’t fix it. I eventually formatted and reinstalled BS and it’s worked fine since.

lemonkid

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2015
Did you check the 'Audio/Midi configuration' app?
You can also do a test to check the speakers with that app. It's a part of the system software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.