No sound in XP Pro 32bit via Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by magiic, Sep 5, 2008.

1. magiic macrumors regular

magiic

I just set up bootcamp on my Macbook Pro. Everything runs like a dream except that I have no sound. I tried re-installing drivers but nothing seems to change. Anything else I can try?

EDIT: If it's any help XP isn't even acknowledging that it has audio hardware in control panel.

2. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

After some googling this seems to be a widespread problem to which no solution exists. Am I seriously not going to find a fix to this?

3. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

Did you load the Boot Camp drivers from your Leopard disc?

4. jbucaran macrumors newbie

jbucaran

That's why I prefer an emulator. VMWare works great for me and is not that slow as has been said. When I need to do some Visual Studio I just wake Windows up and do my stuff.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

What does Device Manager say about your audio hardware?

6. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I manually ran the bootcamp audio drivers from the Leopard DVD and finally got sound working.

Cheers,

7. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

I've run the driver disk multiple times and nothing changes. I even tried re-installing windows. It always says "installer already running" when it gets to the SigmaTel audio installer. I've tried installing the drivers manually but it yields the same message. I'd really like to get this working as VMware is great but I want to use XP for gaming. Would I be better off installing Vista or will that just yield more problems?

8. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

9. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

I tried installing some Intel audio drivers that were on some table of drivers for the differenct macs but it didnt work either. I really need to get this working soon. I have a game I need to test so I can leave feedback for it but it wont load without sound drivers. Would calling Apple yield better results. Does no one really have a solution to this? This is ridiculous.

10. magiic thread starter macrumors regular

magiic

Device Manager is not saying anything about Audio Hardware just audio codecs

There is a listing for other devices with a yellow question mark icon and it lists a PCI Device with a yellow question mark. Is that helpful?

11. Wolfwoods macrumors newbie

Yea, I'm in the same boat with that problem. Cant seem to figure anything out that will work. Tried re-installing drivers, nothing. Seems to be a reoccurring problem that can be fixed for some but not for others. Really weird. Im going to try a few more things and Ill let you know if I have any luck.

12. sideburnsbob macrumors newbie

How did you manually run the audio drivers? Step by step ;)

13. arjunlall macrumors newbie

Bump. Same problem here using Late 08 MPB.

Does anyone know what soundcard is in the new unibody MBP? Now that its an nVidia chipset does that mean its an nVidia soundcard? I dont see any drivers for nVidia sound on the Leopard disk that came with my mac.

Any websites that have 3rd party boot camp audio drivers?

14. arjunlall macrumors newbie