No Sound in XP with MBP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Rothman, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Rothman macrumors newbie

I'm running windows XP through bootcamp 1.4 and I cannot get my sound to work. When I open the Volume Control panel or the Audio Properties panel it says that I don't have a sound mixer. Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Kirmu macrumors newbie

maybe you can try reinstalling the boot camp drivers?

3. Rothman thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried re-installing the drivers and going back to the 1.3 drivers and still no luck. Anyone else have any ideas?

4. dalachin macrumors newbie

MBP no audio after 1.4 Bootcamp install, Sigmatel won't install, PCI device failure

Look in XP's device manager (Control Panel> System> Hardware> Device Manager> System Devices) for a PCI device with a yellow exclamation point. After my Bootcamp 1.4 install on a MBP there was one yellow marked PCI device. After I clicked on properties and manually repaired this device (telling xp to look for drivers on the mac drivers cd), I was able to re-run the mac drivers cd and the sigmatel and realtek drivers installed properly. (Unknown PCI turns into UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio)

Finally, working audio, horray! I don't know whether it is the fact that my MBP is an early model or that my XP SP2 CD is a funny version, but the audio drivers have been problematic every time I've had to reinstall bootcamp.

5. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey!! even i am facin the same problem i'll follow the procedure u suggested and update the situation!! thanks in advance!!!:apple: ( PS : i need windhows!! only for gaming)

6. aerove macrumors 6502

aerove

hey guys!!

Look in XP's device manager (Control Panel> System> Hardware> Device Manager> System Devices) for a PCI device with a yellow exclamation point. After my Bootcamp 1.4 install on a MBP there was one yellow marked PCI device. After I clicked on properties and manually repaired this device (telling xp to look for drivers on the mac drivers cd),

solved the problem for me!!!!

but!! i will use xp only for gaming!! osx works like charm!!:cool::apple: