No sound , iTunes won't play

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MaryBethany, Jul 3, 2013.

1. MaryBethany macrumors newbie

I have no sound on my iPad. Cannot get iTunes to play. Will go to song picked but won't begin playing. Also, a solitaire game I play is suddenly very slow.
    If you can help, don't assume I know how to do much. I am the world champion ungeek! Many thanks.

2. goldilx macrumors newbie

goldilx

Try to reboot by turning your iPad off then wait a few seconds and turn back on. You can also press your Home Button twice real fast and apps that you have used will appear on the bottom of your screen, if you hold your finger on one, they will all shake and have x's in the top left hand corners. Touch each x until the apps disappear. Now touch your screen anywhere above that and you will be on your regular screen. This may help speed up your game app. Sometimes I will delete an app then go to the app store find it and reinstall it if I'm having problems. You can delete any app by pressing on it making it shake then hit the x then delete. Press your home button to stop the apps from shaking.
    iTunes having no sound...go to your music, in the top right corner you will see a little icon(square with a triangle) this is called Air Play, click on that and make sure iPad is checked, if the check is on TV it will not play sound thru iTunes. The volume bar is also in that top corner and you may have accidentally hit that Air Play icon. Good Luck and happy gaming.
    I hope this helps :)

3. goldilx macrumors newbie

goldilx

Also, if you double click your home button fast, your opened apps are at the bottom (assuming you have some open) now scroll them to the right, you should see a volume bar well to the left of that is a volume mute button, click on and off of that to make sure your volume is not muted that way.
    I hope this helps.:)