Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johniet

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Im a bit disappointed right now, i used to use my wireless Bose speakers normally and when i wanted i used the internal speakers, but now sound only works with the WIRELESS speakers, and the internal ones don't show up in the list of sound preferences, i have restarted the PRAM several times with alt+cmd+P+R, there is no red light because its WIRELESS, i hate to register in forums but i am really desperate and i feel stolen...$1200 for this???:mad:

ObuckiO

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
Im a bit disappointed right now, i used to use my wireless Bose speakers normally and when i wanted i used the internal speakers, but now sound only works with the WIRELESS speakers, and the internal ones don't show up in the list of sound preferences, i have restarted the PRAM several times with alt+cmd+P+R, there is no red light because its WIRELESS, i hate to register in forums but i am really desperate and i feel stolen...$1200 for this???:mad:

Here's my fix for that fault: plug a set of headphones or external speakers in to the headphone jack and adjust the volume up and down. I muted and unmuted the headphones several times, and cycled through the entire volume range, but it might not be necessary to go to that length. Having done that, when you unplug the headphones, the internal speakers reappear. This worked for some people i've seen.

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008

Most computer problems are caused by user error, the price tag has nothing to do with any computer's problems. My university owns a multi-million dollar supercomputer, think it never has problems?:p I'm just playing.

So you have no red light coming out of your headphone jack, correct?

Do the Bose speakers connect through bluetooth or by another mean? I would suggest turning off bluetooth and seeing if that helps any for the time being.

A simple restart may be all that is needed to fix your problem, which is probably caused by a driver issue.

I strongly doubt PRAM resets will do anything for you, as they only reset speaker volume according to this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

From what I gather, an SMC reset will not help either.

Did you install anything else recently on the computer?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.