Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Porscheboy16

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Hey I just got a MBP, and I am having a little problem, my audio died.

It worked fine, and then I popped in my hd from my macbook. It booted up fine, but now my audio will not work.

Under System Pref --> Sound --> No Output Devices.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

zsnow

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Hey I just got a MBP, and I am having a little problem, my audio died.

It worked fine, and then I popped in my hd from my macbook. It booted up fine, but now my audio will not work.

Under System Pref --> Sound --> No Output Devices.

Can anybody please help?

Thanks

I have the same problem when i restore from time machine.
I tried different ways but not working.
Finally i have to reinstall Leopard from dvd. The sound come back.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
Same thing. No sound. Any ideas? The HD is from a White NVIDIA Macbook (500gb Seagate) with my entire system. Reinstalling Leopard is not an easy option.

MacLovin78

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2008
The problem is that the insides of your old mb are not the same as the mbp and thus the drivers are not proper. There is another thread on this at the moment. You will have to reinstall Leopard and use migration assistant or time machine back up to get your files on.

sovereign

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2009
The problem is that the insides of your old mb are not the same as the mbp and thus the drivers are not proper. There is another thread on this at the moment. You will have to reinstall Leopard and use migration assistant or time machine back up to get your files on.

Holy shiite! I just found that: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/724623/

Now, I have to buy another external drive to handle this!

uv23

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2003
Calgary, AB
Migrating sucks. I learned that the hard way. This time around I plugged in my time machine back up and manually picked and chose what was coming across and its been perfect. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.