No SOUND on ALARM and RINGTONES. HELP

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by DuFFy, Apr 10, 2008.

1. DuFFy macrumors regular

okay so i use my phone every morning as an alarm, and recently, within the last couple weeks it hasnt been using sound, rather it just vibrates. I didnt think anything of it and just assumed i had my phone on silent and this was causing it to do this. then last night i wanted it to set off a sound when the alarm went of so i turned the silent button off. Still was only vibrating, then i went and tried changing the alarm sound, and when i click on one, it doesnt play a preview like normal. then i went into settings>sounds and my ringtones arent working either. I using keep my phone on vibrate most of the time so i havent noticed. I jailbroke my phone a couple weeks before this started, is there a way to fix this without restoring my phone? Its 1.1.4 jailbroken with ZiPhone 2.5

Oh and my speakers do work because the ipod will play music out of them. Thanks

2. rainmanbk macrumors 6502

rainmanbk

it might be stuck in 'headphones mode' try pluggin in headphones.. then waitin a second.. then unplugging them. it's a bug i've had before...

that's all i got for you though man.. good luck

hope it fixes it!

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

You haven't got the ringer volume turned all the way down have you? (It happened to me once :eek: )

4. Coletrain17 macrumors member

Make sure the vibrate switch is off

If that does not work, go to settings-general-reset-reset all settings

You won't lose any memory or data, it just resets the settings.

5. leetard macrumors newbie

Reset your iphone settings

This happened to me, and I read on another post that resetting your phones settings will do the trick.
    Worked perfectly for me!

Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings

That should do the trick.