No sound on Iphone 4S during calls!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cap2587, Apr 25, 2014.

1. cap2587 macrumors regular

I have an Iphone 4S that is not functioning correctly. When I make a phone call I cannot hear the other person talking and when the iphone is ringing to the other person. It works okay with headphones, using speaker and Siri works. I did recently replace the back cover of the Iphone, therefore not sure if that has caused the problem. I did restore the software, but that did no good. What hardware issue or part of the Iphone should I check 1st. Thanks for any help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe something got loose or popped out of place when you opened it.

3. cap2587 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I took the back cover off again and all looks fine with nothing loose or out of place. Here is what I know:

1. The problem is definitely not software as I restored the Iphone and problem still exists.

2. I bought the Iphone used and did not try and activate it straight away. Therefore I actually don't know if the sound problem was there prior to the back cover being replaced.

It is a bit of a mystery as the Iphone looks like it is in great condition. I am doubting I got duped as the guy I bough it from was not nervous as I was checking the Iphone's functionality. However, I guess I must have overlooked a key component in sound when talking. I checked music volume, but not sound during a call. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bring it to an iPhone repair place to have them check it out. It's definitely hardware related.
    Maybe Apple can look at it and tell u what's up.