NO SOUND on iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cmom, May 11, 2011.

1. Cmom macrumors newbie

My iphone 4 stopped thinking it was a phone last week. Went to genius bar & got a new phone under warranty--IT lost it's sound like my phone within a few hours. After trying all the tips--plug/unplug headphones, reset, RESTORED at least 50 times over the last 4 days I am again without sound. Must be a QC issue. I get the sound back on most restores, but poof it's gone again soon afterwards. ONLY works with bluetooth, not phone speakers or wired earbuds. I think I'm going back to genius bar to get another, but what is up????

2. nefan65 macrumors 65816

nefan65

Sounds like you're doing something when plugging it in, or restoring. Either an APP, or shorting something out from the connection? Bad Cable?

Either way, it's covered, so bring it back. Try a different store...they may just have a bad batch?

3. Cmom thread starter macrumors newbie

i thought of apps

I've restored to a backup of my old phone, an OLD backup of my ipod and started as a new phone with nothing.....Just did (another) one that way. Started working and again, no sound after a few minutes...Yes, I think I'm headed to the store.

4. dpinchot81 macrumors newbie

no sounds

I had this happen with my first iphone. Called apple support and they tried to help me restore sound. unfortunately it did not work even with hard reset. Ended up getting new phone under warranty at actual store. The tech perso at the store did everything for me and made certain that the phone was working when I left. Have had no problems since then and has been many months.