No Sound On iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wickerman1893, Jan 14, 2010.

1. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

Alright so one day i wake up and look at my phone. And for some reason when a text comes in it has no sound, so i try the iPod..no sound. So i check if everything is on and the volume is turned up, still no sound... It was like this for about a week, when one day all of a sudden the sound started working again, but 1o min later..it stopped, and hasnt worked since. The internal sound works when i plug in headphones just not the external speaker. This is not a HUGE deal since i will be upgrading this summer and i have an iPod for music anyways. But do any of you know what this is? Or how it can possibly be fixed. Thank you

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

settings > general > reset > reset all settings

there was something that went wrong in ur settings on ur phone, this happened to me and is often caused by pluging you iphone into a dock and taking it out in different orders, such as plug in then take out, plug in leave for 5 secs, then take out leave for 10 secs then plug back in. or something like that. by docks i mean things like ihome and stuff. reseting the settings fixes this. it doesnt alway have to be docks that cause this. it happened to my iphone and i dont even have a dock!

3. wickerman1893 thread starter macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

i tried this but it did not work, reset all the setting but still no sound.

4. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Does it show that headphone are in, even though they're not? Had this happen to me, and Apple replaced it with no problem.

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

Headphone Jack

alot of times the phone still thinks the headphones are plugged in. you need to clean the headphone jack real good with compressed air, and a Q~tip. you will need to cut most of the head off the Qtip to get it in. you can put a small amount of alchohol on it also. then take your headphone plug and put it in and take it out several times like 10-15 and sometimes this works.