No sound on left speaker :(

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
friends
in my iMac 27" i am not getting sound in left speaker, to very if there is a software issue or not i plugged in headphone and the sound was coming in both speakers in headphone, what can be the reason of not getting sound from the built in left speaker? i have also checked the sound pane, its in center.
Please help

73CortinaV8

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2006
Palo Alto, CA
friends
in my iMac 27" i am not getting sound in left speaker, to very if there is a software issue or not i plugged in headphone and the sound was coming in both speakers in headphone, what can be the reason of not getting sound from the built in left speaker? i have also checked the sound pane, its in center.
Please help
when you first power it on, does the chime sound come out of both speakers or just one?

if it does come out of both, then it's a software issue. Otherwise, maybe a wire popped off inside.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
when you first power it on, does the chime sound come out of both speakers or just one?

if it does come out of both, then it's a software issue. Otherwise, maybe a wire popped off inside.
after power on it chimes only from the right speaker, so its not a software issue, and if the wire is popped off can i rectify it by myself or i have to take it to the service center?

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
Why not just take it to an Apple Approved Service Centre and let them run a diagnostic. They don't usually charge for this and they will quote you should any work need to be carried out.

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
after power on it chimes only from the right speaker, so its not a software issue, and if the wire is popped off can i rectify it by myself or i have to take it to the service center?
A lose wire would be strange in my opinion.

New speaker shouldn't be too expensive, but you only find out if the speaker is broken if you check it by using another speaker or a multimeter after opening the imac which isn't that easy.ifixit

Left speaker