No Sound on Vista 32-bit

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ImperialForces, Feb 14, 2009.

1. ImperialForces macrumors member

Ok... I have a macbook unibody, I installed Vista 32-bit, installed the Leopard drivers, then downloaded Boot Camp 2.1 update for Vista 32. Now that I installed it, there is no sound and a funky red light is emanating from my headphone jack :eek:

Installing Windows is ridiculous! Somebody help me...

2. ImperialForces thread starter macrumors member

I got it! :D

For future reference, if you install boot camp 2.1 update, and the sound no longer works + a red light coming out of you headphone jacket, you need to update your sound driver.

Start> Computer> System Properties> Device Manager> click on Sound, Video and Game Controllers> Select Realtek High Definition Audio> Click Update Driver Software (funky green tab).

Worked for me... thank the gods. :eek:

3. aluminumapple macrumors regular

next time try to do everything you can and try to self help your self before posting things like this.

sorry if that sounded a little harsh.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Don't jump all over him.

He had a problem, posted it. Later, he figured it out, and rather than leaving people here searching for a solution, he posted it as well. This way, anyone with the same problem can search the forums and find the solution.