Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SlocusST

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Hello, I have a gen 5.5 iPod video that I upgraded the HD on. I am unable to get it to play sound to head phones. It works solid when plugged in my car through the USB.

I have replaced the head phone jack and no luck. Any advice or ideas?

Thank you

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
Pop the back off and ensure that the headphone jack assembly is properly plugged in to the logic board. On mine, it often pops out when I am reassembling the iPod. Let us know!

SlocusST

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Pop the back off and ensure that the headphone jack assembly is properly plugged in to the logic board. On mine, it often pops out when I am reassembling the iPod. Let us know!

It looks like it is sitting in there correctly, I un did it an reinstalled is and it all seem correct. I am assuming that the hold switch function wouldn't work if it was miss installed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    563.8 KB · Views: 141

MultiFinder17

macrumors 68030
Jan 8, 2008
Tampa, Florida
It looks like it is sitting in there correctly, I un did it an reinstalled is and it all seem correct. I am assuming that the hold switch function wouldn't work if it was miss installed
Double check the entirety of the ribbon cable, checking for any kinks or tears. I have managed to slightly tear one of these before, and it only killed off the left sound channel, so give it a go.

SlocusST

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2016
Double check the entirety of the ribbon cable, checking for any kinks or tears. I have managed to slightly tear one of these before, and it only killed off the left sound channel, so give it a go.
I will order another one. Thank you

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.