No Sound Through Earpiece on iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Naethyn, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Naethyn macrumors regular

Naethyn

So my iPhone 3G is making a reappearance because I sold my iPhone 4 in hopes of the iPhone 5 coming out soon, well, since that didn't happen, I'm starting to need a phone.

So one day, I was fixing my iPhones home button issue, by pulling the prongs a little forward but I ended up pulling them off, I closed my iPhone up and then all the sudden when I got a call, the earpiece wasn't working. I'm going to get a whole new front to my iPhone, including digitizer, glass, home button. My iPhone has never gotten wet, the headphone jack isn't broken because I can play my iPod.app through my speakers. I think it's an issue with one of my cables under the phone, but I'm not sure what because my 3,2 and 1 cables are in completely, I'm sure of it.

What would be the issue with the phone? (I doubt it's the logic board because shouldn't all the sound be failing then?)
    Will getting a new front display, installed by a professional, fix the issue?

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Just sounds like you damaged the #3 cable. The new screen should fix it.